Friday, November 6, 2009

Who Influences You The Most?

Who Influences You The Most?


When thinking of influence it is WORDS, whether written or spoken, that influence. And spoken words from an individual we deem important tends to have more sway with us than others. Words can work miracles; words can also destroy!

I influence me more than anyone else; you influence you. When we speak we also; in anything we hear we judge. In speaking critical, demeaning words, subconsciously I'm telling myself I'm a critical, demeaning person. When speaking pleasant, uplifting and positive words and phrases I'm supporting the view of myself that says I'm an individual that helps others and encourages them to do better.

In the last two years I've become very conscious of the times when it's necessary to correct or discipline or even criticize someone. I'm not always successful but I try to adhere to first saying something positive; second to deliver the critique and to finish on a positive supportive note. Words mean things and it's extremely important to choose carefully; ie: instead of "You're stupid", "You're a real asset to the organization; but that was a stupid thing you did and that's really not like you".

TFAR

Thoughts.....Positive thoughts lead to...
Feelings.....Positive feelings lead to...
Actions.....Positive actions and positive words lead to...
Results.....Incredible benefiting results.

I will speak only words which are pure and
good and edifying to the hearer.



CW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks CW .. Words are so important as you say, and they're up to me .. I speak them as they come out ..

The great maxim "Think before you Speak" - is appropriate here.

Hilary