Monday, September 21, 2009

What Exactly Is Fabulous?

Fabulous?
Fabulous At 30, 40, 50 And Beyond, OK "CW" just what do you mean by Fabulous? The bottom line, the reality is what is Fabulous for me may seem mediocre or mundane to someone else. My objective is to get a person to find and design their life to be Fabulous based on their own definition. To find each day exciting and adventurous, to CW, is the true definition of a Fabulous life. Don't get me wrong, spending a week on Richard Branson's private Necker island with two icon's, Marshall Sylver and Robert Allen, and creating a mastermind group with fifteen other professionals in a tropical paradise also qualifies as Fabulous. But if you only live for those type of experiences, life will be very gloomy and unfulfilled.
Count your blessings, look at the bright side of life are two ways of looking for the Fabulous in your life. Here's some example's of what I count as Fabulous in my life; do yourself a favor ad make your own Fabulous list and I will make you a promise; when finished you will have a smile on your face and you will glide through the rest of your day.
Fabulous Is;
Watching TV with my best friend and wife of twenty four years.
Knowing that The God who created the universe calls me friend.
Hearing, "I love you Pop Pop."
A huge wave crashing on the rocks and the resulting spray.
Giving a panhandler a $20 bill and looking in their eyes.
In the midst of tough times knowing it always makes me stronger.
The Journey.
Discovering what's on the other side of the hill.
An hour and a half hot bath my first hours home from Vietnam and never forgetting the feeling.
Looking down the tube of a turquoise wave about to break.
Monday mornings.
The smell of fresh cut grass.
Being in a stand still traffic jam and enjoying the moment.
Watching my wife with our grand daughters.
Growing up in the 50's.
The miracle of flying.
A helicopter ride over active Kilowaha Volcano.
Praising and worshiping my God.
Paying a strangers check in a restaurant anonymously.
Coming home.
Crying with my Mom when the National Anthem plays before a ball game.
Laying next to Dad as he left us to be with Mom.
Being a soldier in the US Army.
Looking at thousands of family and vacation photo's and knowing I was there when each one was taken.
Conquering a fear.
Kayaking off the coast of ST Croix.
The view from the top of Pikes Peak on a crystal clear day.
A crisply hit five iron with the ball landing on the green and rolling two feet from the pin .
Holding my Grand Daughter
Have a Fabulous week!!!!!!
CW

1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi CW .. you certainly write from the heart .. hitting the goals all the time ..

You touched my heart with some of your own "Fabulous is .." - and they can be so simple .. just our lives

Thanks - lovely
Hilary - Be Positive Be Happy