Monday, December 21, 2009

There's Work To Do!

There's Work To Do!

Watching the news on the tube, reading the paper and cruising the web; I see and hear of children who are accidentally killed by stray bullets; young and old alike who die at ages and times in their life when all seemed wonderful and their future bright. Good people leading commendable lives. Lives cut short by an accident, a single odd event that instantly ends the promise of a future filled with life and love.

Then I review the sixty years this one hundred eighty five pounds of fragile flesh and bone has walked, driven and flown on the earth. I am humbled to reflect on my surviving seven major automobile accidents, three hundred fifty nine days in Vietnam in 1968 and an engine blowing up on a commercial jet aircraft on which I happened to be strapped into a window seat. If people really knew what a piece of crap human being I was at the time I was in Vietnam and at the time I was involved in the first four of the auto accidents, anyone would have traded my worthless hide for any one of the unfortunate individuals described above. The only truth must be; I have much work to do that only I can perform, just as there is a earthly task on which your name is engraved.

Now, as a man of God, I know it’s really not my life. It is a gift given to me to use for God’s purposes. I have never believed in coincidence. Les Brown says; "Coincidence is God's way of staying anonymous." I feel I have a huge responsibility to use the remaining sixty to ninety years on this sphere to accomplish great things for the good of those who I will be privileged to come in contact. To be a vessel which massive amounts of money flows through to support and fund people and projects all over the earth. God did not allow me to survive all I’ve had the opportunity to experience, He did not overlook the lives I left in my wake only for me to live a lavish lifestyle.

Even at the time of each incident I believed the experience was to become part of a story to be told later. I’ve never ever thought I would die. During the plane incident I had this vision that if the plane crashed I would be the one found strapped into my seat in the middle of a corn field. My only real fear in Vietnam was I would be wounded during a time when I was at a place, let’s say where a good married soldier should not be, and my mother and my wife would find out.

If ones core belief is that you will be at least one hundred twenty years old (that’s me) than how can you die in a car accident at eight, twenty two, twenty four, thirty, thirty one, thirty two or fifty eight? When you get orders for Vietnam you may get upset for the loved ones in your life but knowing you’ll return it becomes an adventure. When you hear explosions behind you on the plane and it shudders you pray and think about the wild ride that’s about to happen. I have been truly blessed in the sense that I’ve always looked at my life as an adventure.

I can honestly say I’ve never had a bad day in my life. I’ve had sad days I've had tragic days; days that the challenges seem overwhelming. Times when I wished I could either rewind or fast forward; but never a bad day, they're too valuable. You learn from the day. It’s a twenty four hour deposit into the total which becomes a life. And my total has taken me from growing up in an incredibly loving family, I was Denny Weaver. Through the mid part of life when God hit me up along the side of my head with a two by four a few times; I took on my christened name of Curtis Weaver; and recently the new birth as “CW”. God's good.

I love my life and writing this I realize I always have.

1 comment:

Believe Achieve - Hugo and Roxanne said...

Hello CW,

God and the Universe new that you had a greater purpose in life. We're grateful to have crossed your path in your life's purpose. Each time we visit your blog you never fail to inspire us and touch our hearts.

Many Blessings....Hugo and Roxanne
~Believe Achieve

P.S. Be sure to stop by our blog.
We have something special for you.