Thursday, December 3, 2009

"FABULOUS"

"What Exactly Is Fabulous?"
I'm in the midst of creating a business and website; "Fabulous At 50 And Beyond". Jan Black, an extremely talented lady who is spearheading the effort and getting me focused on my outcome asked me a definitive question; "What exactly is fabulous?".
What a "Fabulous" exercise. My list of "Fabulous" follows; do yourself a favor and create your own list of what YOU believe is "Fabulous".
Fabulous Is;
Watching TV with my best friend and wife of twenty four years.
Knowing that The God who created the universe calls me friend.
Hearing, "I love you Pop Pop."
Giving a panhandler a $20 bill and looking in their eyes.
In the midst of tough times knowing it always makes me stronger.
The Journey.
Discovering what's on the other side of the hill.
An hour and a half hot bath my first hours home from Viet Namand never forgetting the feeling.
Monday mornings.
The smell of fresh cut grass.
Being in a stand still traffic jam and enjoying the moment.
Watching my wife with our grand daughters.
Growing up in the 50's.
Conquering a fear.
A huge wave crashing on the rocks and the resulting spray.
Kayaking off the coast of ST Croix.
A helicopter ride over active Killowaha Volcano.
Looking down the tube of a turquoise wave about to break.
The view from the top of Pikes Peak on a crystal clear day.
A crisply hit five iron with the ball landing on the green and rolling two feet from the pin.
Holding my Grand Daughter.
The miracle of flying.
Praising and worshiping my God.
Paying a strangers check in a restaurant anonymously.
Coming home.
Crying with my Mom when the National Anthem plays before a ball game.
Laying next to Dad as he left us to be with Mom.
Being a soldier in the US Army.
Looking at thousands of family and vacation photo's and knowing I was there when each one was taken.
Waking up on the right side of the grass.
CW

1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi CW .. Fabulous .. you've certainly brought those memories back into your heart and brought them to life again.

The one that got me was lying by your Dad when he went to join your mother .. as I follow my mother on her same route .. it's quite an experience & I'll ask her to remember her fabulous things .. we remember so much together ...