Sunday, December 6, 2009

The One Who God See’s

The One Who God See’s


Yesterday, during some prayer time, I realized I had been a bad boy. You see I pride myself as being a positive person. Well that’s not entirely true, I pride myself in being the most positive person who exists. Yet over the past few months I have become slowly but surely, internally, become very negative.

This is December 2008 for crying out loud. Looking at the news; the world’s political problems, the financial crisis, my unsold real estate investments, lack of income; circumstances could be much better to say the least. Yet, I’m not behind in my bills. Our giving to others has not decreased percentage wise at least. My wife and are in good health; our family is well, in fact we just had Gwendolyn Rose Collene added to our family three weeks ago. The dreams and desires I've had for years are taking shape right before my eyes because I'm working on me and what I was put here to do. Life is good; then why is it when I’m opening the mail box there’s almost an expectation of bad news in an envelope?

7:15 this morning the phone wakes me. Now for many of you 7:15 is not early; but I dare say receiving a phone call at that time of the day for anyone is rarely glad tidings of great joy. “Hello” I say in my best “of course I’ve been up since 5am voice”. “Hi Dad” from the phone, it’s my 32 year old son. Now you have to understand he and I don’t communicate very well or often. I didn’t express it, but I’m thinking; this is not good, what is it this time, how much do you want, are you OK, it doesn’t sound like he’s in a hospital or police station. As I listened he was telling me he was filling out employment applications and using me as a reference and wanted me to be aware someone may be calling me. Three good things at 7:15 in the morning; employment application, he’s up and he’s coherent. He’s an incredibly intelligent young man who hasn’t made many good decisions in his life, so this is a good day.

My son has, how can I say this; let’s say he’s been around the block a few times in his 32 years. He is the father of our first granddaughter, Kendle Irene Weaver, she’ll be six in a few weeks; she lives with his mother. How do I, his father see him.

Not always but about ninety percent of the time I see him, Eric Ryan Weaver, as a very accomplished entrepreneur. I see him happy and visiting us on the holidays with Kendle. I hear him telling me of his great plans and of about all the people he has helped this year. I see Eric as the man I know he is inside, the man God made him to be. That’s how I see my son, not how he is; how I know he will be.

If I, a very fallible human being, see’s the best there is to see in a person that is showing very little of what it is I see. Then how does in infinite loving God see a child of His whom he created in His own image. I’ll tell you what God sees, He sees the perfect Curtis Wayne Weaver, Jr. (yes CW). He sees Himself in CW. And if God sees me this way I need to get in alignment with His vision of me.

How dare I be negative because a little adversity shows up in my life? My circumstances do not change who I am. When I do well and all things in my small universe are running on all cylinders; am I a different person; of course not? Do I think I surprise God when I sin (no big theological discussions hear, let’s just agree sin is an action God wouldn’t do). Are we surprised when our own children lie to us? Pee running down their leg, “Did you pee yourself? No daddy; then what is that running down your leg? I don’t know, I didn’t do it.” We need to get a grip and know we’re not perfect. We strive for perfection and accept our best efforts and go on from there.
Pain, adversity, problem children, family members and co-workers; all blessings in disguise; all there to help us understand our own short comings and also understand how blessed we are. Answer me this, do we learn more from the successes in our lives or from our failures. If a football player runs 100 yards from one goal line to the other with no opposition, is there reason for celebration, of course not, we would laugh at such a person who would celebrate such actions. Now if that same person runs through and past eleven of the enemy; an enemy who weighs three hundred plus pounds and whose only desire is to smash his body into small pieces into the ground. When he can run, dodge, push and shove his way the entire hundred yards crashing through the opposition and then crosses the opposition’s goal line; now there is much reason to celebrate; jubilation deserved and we join in cheering his accomplishment.

Yes I have been a bad boy. Yesterday a spiritual switch was turned on inside of me that illuminated my mind’s eye to see the one I really am, not the one I FEEL LIKE I AM TODAY. To see yourself; don’t look at your checkbook, don’t look at the TV, don’t listen to those around you, don’t look in the mirror. You are a child of the living God, the creator of the universe, the mighty one who placed the planets in the heavens and the stars bright at night to see. He made you and me to be about taking care of those who are unable to see what we have the ability to see.

I’m fabulous, but I’ll get better.

CW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curtis-

We met last year at the Bloodwater Baltimore art auction. I am Tom Miller's son in law.

I stumbled onto your blog and read this post. How timely for me and so many others. Thanks for taking the time to write and share.

Greg
www.kanonclarity.com