Friday, October 30, 2009

Is There Room for God in the Marketplace?

God Rant!
Most blogger's, writer's, and public speaker's do everything possible to increase their readership and the attendance at their speaking events. Topic's from Self Improvement, Positive Thinking, Time Management, Goal Setting, to Holistic Healing, Scrap Booking and on and on and on. As I prayed this morning I wondered to myself why I, a self professed Christian, had not blogged on the subject of God? Am I too wishy washy in an attempt to placate the general audience?

While I'm self professing I have to admit I've been concerned that blatant God talk would turn potential followers away from my blog, websites or businesses. I've woven stories throughout some of my posts about the creator of the universe, but I've shied away from taking the subject head on. Incredibly I have become cowed by PC think and never realized I had succumbed. This realization is is startling, mainly because I am incessantly talking with and thanking God for all that I have and His mercy on my life. I survived Vietnam for a year in 1968. I have been involved in seven major car accidents and have never been scratched. I have no life but that which He has granted me.

I have always believed in God. I have always had a feeling, as long as I remember, that someone or something is always watching, observing my life as it unfolds. Observing the creation around me; the cactus flower blooming in my window in mid February (shown), the animals and fish, the stars and the sun and the moon; I have a tough time understanding those who don't believe in God. To believe that it's all a random occurrence boggles my mind. Coming to know how the human eye works, how intricate the mechanism of our hands are, the fact that as I write this message my heart is beating keeping me alive. How is it that my heart continues on without an outside power source. It's God, is my answer. Detractors will say, where's your proof? My response, prove to me He doesn't exist. It's a faith thing either way.

Amazingly in the midst of this writing A good friend called and I told him my concern about why I haven't expressed my beliefs in my writings with more fervor. Paul said to me; "CW, anyone who knows you knows you're a faith based man." That's nice, but does anyone who reads my writings know I'm a faith based man, with Jesus Christ as my God, my Lord, My savior and my brother.

I'm a goal oriented individual. I'm not what I want to be; I'm not what I'm going to be; but thank God I'm not what I used to be. My goal in this life is to come to such conviction so I will exclaim the following from the roof tops and never waiver.

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed


The dies been cast, I've stepped over the line the decision has been made. I am a friend of Jesus Christ! I won't look back, let up, back away or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense and my future is secure. I've finished, I'm done with low living, side walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, chincy giving and dwarfed goals. I no longer seek preeminence, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by presence, lean by faith, love by patience, live by prayer, and labor by power. My pace is set, my gate is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my ways rough, my companions few, my guide reliable and my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured, turned back , diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the mass of mediocrity. I am a friend of Jesus! I must go till heaven returns, give until I drop, preach till I know, and work until He comes. And when He does come to get His own friends He'll have no problem recognizing me

If you will, keep me in your prayers.


CW






















No comments: