Thursday, October 15, 2009

Keep Your Word, Change Your Life

Your Law is Word (2)
We live in the greatest country in the world with the greatest opportunities available. Was I brought into this world only to live in a nice house, take nice vacations and sit back and watch American Idol? Have I survived Vietnam and seven major car accidents just to tell great stories? I don't think so.
When I returned home I said to Marilyn that would be easier for us to make millions of dollars to give away then to beg people to contribute; our journey began. January 2006 I joined Enlightened Millionaire Institute with Robert Allen and Mark Victor Hansen. This led to The Enlightened Wealth Week in Dallas last October 2006 where we met two new mentors; Harv Eker and Marshall Sylver.

More consequences;

We attended many weekend events and seminars; MMI, Life directions, Train The Trainer, Seminar of The Century and Warrior Camp. Not to mention the Robert Allen and the Marshall Sylver events in between. By a great margin the largest bonus is each and everyone of you, my friends, that have entered our lives. My friend and partner, John Finn, I met at Life Directions. Many of you have and will continue to have incredible impact in my life. Thank You from the bottom of my heart. These past three years I have met the most wonderful and giving people of my life, I just stood and gave you all a "Standing Ovation", you deserve it.
Continued Consequences

3,655.5 miles (approximately) and about 3,000 with the top down (ooooooh, aaaaaaah, fabulous), 10 states and DC. I returned home in September 2007 from the most remarkable, enlightening and absolutely "Beautiful" road trip of my life. I drove from Maryland through DC, Virginia. Tennessee, Alabama to Biloxi Mississippi to pitch in again. It was great to see the area cleaner, but they still need lots of help. Except for homes it looks as if only about 5% has been rebuilt. The coastline is still a ghost town.

I then drove through Mississippi, Louisiana ( stopped to talk with a Trooper in Baton Rouge about his radar gun) to Dallas, Texas. Enjoyed 2 days at the foot of a "Master", Mr. Jim Rohn. At 77 years young he is still "The Philosopher of Business". He's a combination of Zig Ziglar, Billy Graham and Plato. When I grow up I want to be like Mr. Rohn.

Coming home through Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia was just wonderful. West to east; the rolling hills of Kentucky and the mountains of West Virginia were breath taking. We miss so much on airplanes.

Consequences don't have to be negative.
And I often ponder if I would have not been true to my word, "CW" would still just be plain old Curtis Weaver. A nice guy doing Ok but not going after the things of God. And like a wise man once said; my life would be, "I didn't have ten years experience, I had one years experience repeated ten times."

MY Word Is LAW, be TRUE to yourself, it's LIFE Changing

CW

1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi CW & Marilyn .. I think it's great that you've been able to help so many others and share some of your experiences .. I'm sure a great many of those people have continued to benefit from your goodness and general peaceful & willing ambience of life.

Thank - Hilary: Be Positive Be Happy