Wednesday, January 13, 2010

'Unkept Promises"

  • Are there unkept promises you've made to yourself? Is there a thing gnawing on the inside of you? A voice which nags and you keeping shouting over it, not now, I'll do it later. Or the most feeble of excuses; I'm not capable, nobody in my family has ever done it, everyone will laugh at me. This thing you know you were meant to do but have yet to even start? This promise you made in your youth and thought you put it behind you but it just won't let you be. I have great friggin news for you. Starting right at this moment you are on your way.


    "If You Continue To Think Like You've Always Thought,You'll Continue To Get What You've Always Got"


    I suggest, no I command you to surround yourself with people that will hold you accountable to do that thing. If you are the smartest person in the top five people you hang with, find and create another group. Seek out likeminded people. When you finally gather your confidence to boldly speak your dreams to the world you must have a staunch group of men and women who will come along side and even get behind and push when needed.

    The only reason these words are appearing before me on my laptop is because I have chosen to surround myself with likeminded unfulfilled men and women who have decided to "Go For It". We have spilled our guts out to each other, we have made ourselves vulnerable so in the days, weeks, months and years ahead not only will we have the voice in our heads, we'll have many voices prompting and exclaiming, "You can do it!", "If it was easy everybody would be doing it.", "With god all things are possible.", "This is your time.", "If Not you then who?".

    These accountability partners; fifteen are from my family we've named "Sylver's Billionaire Alliance" because becoming wealthy is our goal. I have an extended family all over the world who I've promised I would do a great work. I have mentors; Jim Rohn, Marshall Sylver, T Harv Eker, Les Brown, Bob Allen and others who I promised I would take what they have taught me and use it for good; to build schools and hospitals here and around the world. To bring the message that anything is possible for ANYONE who'll make the decision to take control of your life and DO SOMETHING!

    I call them family because the ultimate goal of real family is to motivate, praise and to expect great accomplishments while at the same time holding them accountable for that which they say they will do. And thirty six months, ago this family I love today, I didn't know a single one. I sought them out. Not individually but I traveled to events where I know there will be others who have decided there is much to do. Go where people are walking down out of the stands and onto the playing field to become players and reject the role of spectator.

    We are unique as individuals. There has never been and will never be another who walks and talks and thinks exactly as you. You are rare and there is extreme value in rarity. God doesn’t make junk. You are here for a reason and it’s not to watch TV, go on vacations, drive cool cars or live in a golf course community. All though they are all great rewards for doing well, they should not be the goal. In the end they will not satisfy.

  • CW

No comments: